Firstly, I’d like to thank Miss Alison from thelifeofahounddog for passing The Liebster award my way. I have only been blogging about my rescue and dog adventures for a short 4 months, and I am constantly in shock over how many people actually read and are interested in anything I have to talk about. It’s been a great experience to find such wonderful comrades through simply telling stories about my life. I’m excited to share some pieces of myself rather than my dogs for a change, and hope that it will give my readers a chance to know me a little bit better.
– Nominee posts an image of the award on their blog.
– Nominee links back to the nominator’s blog and of course thanks them.
– Nominee answers 11 questions nominator ask of them.
– Nominee then nominates 11 new bloggers they deem worthy with less than 300 followers & make sure to tell them.
– Nominee poses 11 questions for their nominees to answer.
Here is also a little tid-bit of information I found as I was scouring the web to figure out if “liebster” was a made up word.
The word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart.
Okay, stop…my head is getting a little big now!
1. Who was your first “Soul Dog”, I don’t mean your very first dog (unless this applies) but that first dog that you felt one with, heart and soul?
My dog Delilah is definitely my “Soul Dog”. I rescued her as a tiny little three pound puppy, and we were just meant to be together forever. She is my close companion, and has become a vital part of my life. I think she is what makes fostering so easy for me. I have no need to add another dog to my life because (shenanigans aside) she is already the best dog for me. No others have even come close.
2. Kindle or a real book in your hands, which would you choose?
I own a kindle, but it sits on a shelf collecting dust, and is only really used during road trips for playing games or watching movies. I will always prefer a real book!
3. What would be your dream vacation?
My dream vacation would be a tour of South America or Africa. Many people are drawn to Europe or other similar places, and while I wouldn’t be caught whining about taking a trip there, I feel that Europe is very culturally similar to America, and I would love to spend some time around people who live and think in completely different ways than myself.
4. What is a food you hated as a child, but could not live without as an adult?
Potatoes! I used to sit and cry at the dinner table while my parents waited for me to gag down each tiny little bite of potato…Now? I could eat them for days.
5. Deep sea or outer space, which adventure would you choose?
Most definitely deep sea. After seeing Gravity, I have been cleansed of any tiny desire to venture into space.
6. What 3 things do you love most about yourself?
1. I am not normal. I have a hard time fitting into society’s box, so I made my own, and I’m very happy here. Some people think I am strange, but I get along with everyone, and am comfortable in my own skin.
2. I am extremely empathetic. Since I was a young girl I have been quick to feel the emotions of others which has allowed me to be surrounded by some incredible people, and it’s what brought me into the rescue world.
3. I am filter-free (for the most part). I speak my mind, and my face hides nothing. Some people call it rude or inappropriate; I call it honesty.
7. What 3 things do you love most about your best friend?
1. She is also filter-free. I think our minds may be synchronized as well because we will have the same thought at the same time.
2. She is wise. This is my go to girl for advise, she is way beyond her years!
3. She is FUN. I really disliked Emily until I made it a point to get over myself and invited her to hang out one day. What was supposed to be a coffee date turned into a grand adventure through Seattle. We could spend hours doing anything, and enjoying each other’s company.
8. What 3 things are you most grateful for today?
1. My job. It’s not often that people get a chance to work at a job they love (mine is coffee) full-time.
2. My sister. Rarely do my sister and I get along, but we just spent a whole weekend together bumming around and having a 100% good time.
3. My car. You never realize what a blessing it is to have a vehicle that can get you wherever you want, whenever you want. I’m very lucky to not be tied down my bus routes or bicycles.
9. Shoes or barefeet?
Bare feet. I’m a hippy, and if I could get away with wearing bare feet 24/7, I would not even own any shoes.
10. What album/artist/song most defined your high school years?
The Fray. My cousin was among some of the first people to discover the wonders of this band. It was played for an entire summer, and off and on through the rest of high school.
11. If you were offered immortality, would you take it? Why or why not?
No. I want to grow old, and be loved. If I lived forever I would always lose people I love. That far outweighs seeing the world age.
Here is what I want to ask my nominees please put how long you have been blogging at the top of your answers!
1. What inspired you to start a blog?
2. What inspires you to continue writing?
3. Are you volunteering anywhere? Why or Why not?
4. How often do you read through your own blog? (Come on…We all do it!)
5. What does your life consist of besides blogging?
6.Would you call yourself an expert? Of what?
7. Three silliest questions/remarks people make about your dog:
8. What’s the roughest rescue-dog experience you’ve had? Would you change it?
9. What do you feed your dogs?
10. What’s the most hilarious rescue-dog experience you’ve had?
11. Three most important things for people to know about rescue dogs:
These are all blogs I have been following. Some are brand spanking new, and others have been around awhile. All are awesome in their own ways, and I am drawn to each of them because of the unique and interesting writing done by the authors. Please take a second to check out these awesome blogs, and apologies if I’m re-nominating anyone!
If these guys didn’t already have over 300 followers, I would’ve added them to my list. Please take a second to check out the awesome things they’re doing. They both inspired me to become involved in the rescue and foster world through their beautiful photos and excellent words.
I think you are all just wonderful, and I look forward to reading your posts for a long time!